The Child Cancer Foundation recognises the importance of protecting an individual’s privacy and is fully committed to following the regulations set out by the Privacy Act 2020.
This Privacy Statement was created to help you understand how we collect and use your personal information.
Information we collect
We collect information that you have provided to us. This may include your name, contact information, location, email address and records of your interactions with us. By providing your information you consent to its collection and use.
How we use your information
Any information that we collect from you is only used for the purpose it is stated to be collected for. This may be in order to (and not restricted to) process, record and inform:
- Receipts for donations and bequests
- Personal Development Grant applications
- Camp registrations
- Membership registrations
- Volunteer enquiries and applications
- Inform supporters about upcoming events and/or fundraising activities
Providing some information is optional. However, if we ask you for information and you decide not to supply it, we may not be able to process receipts, applications or enquiries.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong or updated if you would like to stop receiving communications from us.
If you’d like a copy of your information or to have it corrected or updated please contact us at:
0800 424 453
PO Box 152, Shortland Street, Auckland 1140
Organisations who are listed on the Marketing Association’s Data Warranty Register have demonstrated that they:
- Collect personal information in a professional and responsible manner.
- Abide by the Privacy Act and follow Industry Best Practice.
- Have a designated Privacy Officer to care for customer data.
- Ensure that only authorised personnel can access personal data.
- Maintain all personal records in a password-protected system.
- Regularly train staff on Privacy procedures.
- Only transfer data via strict security links.
- Operate only under the terms of formal written contracts.
- Are required to undergo industry compliance checks