Professionals Real estate Group are a long-term Child Cancer Foundation partner.
Since 1994, they have supported children with cancer and their families through fundraising and sponsorship, donating more than $5 million over that time. These funds have helped establish two Family Places in Auckland and Wellington, holiday homes in Taupo and Arrowtown and have contributed to the purchase of the Child Cancer Foundation national support office in Auckland.
Professionals encourages its branches to hold fundraisers for the Foundation and the camps. Some of the branches have become particularly competitive and go to great lengths to raise funds explains Melanie. Each year Professionals holds an awards ceremony which recognises high performing fundraising branches.
In 2016, Professionals Real Estate Owners Rotorua Ian McDowell and Phil Hereford were recognised for their support of Child Cancer Foundation. During their partnership, Ian and Phil have raised more than $600,000 for Child Cancer Foundation. Ian McDowell was presented with a Distinguished Service Award and Phil Hereford received a Community Service Award.
At the end of 1993 a member of the Professionals knew someone who lost their child to cancer. Because of this personal connection, the Professionals Palmerston North office sold some red and white balloons on the street in July 1994 to raise funds for Child Cancer Foundation and so the relationship began. Since then Professionals members nationally have committed to fundraising for Child Cancer Foundation.
These are just some of the ways Professionals have supported Child Cancer Foundation for almost 25 years:
They give a contribution from every house sold, and hold community based fundraising events.
- In 1995 they raised funds to help Child Cancer Foundation produce educational brochures for families about child cancer.
- During 1997 and 1998, Professionals fundraised on behalf of Child Cancer Foundation and were able to purchase a four bedroom home in Taupo. The home has been available for families supported by Child Cancer Foundation to use for over 20 years. Watch a video about the Taupo holiday home here
- In 1998 following the success of Sunshine Lodge, Professionals fundraised to support the purchase of another home for Child Cancer Foundation families to use in Queenstown. The Queenstown home was later sold and in 2014 the Arrowtown Sunshine Lodge was purchased. Watch a video about the Queenstown holiday home here
- Professionals fundraised to support the purchase of a building for the Child Cancer Foundation Family Place in Wellington, and again in 2004 for the purchase of the Child Cancer Foundation National Office & Family Place in Auckland. Watch a video about the National office & Family Place in Auckland here.
- In 2016 Professionals became the official supporter of Child Cancer Foundation’s Family and SIBS (Specially Important Brothers and Sisters) Camps, which are held regionally throughout the year.
“To be in partnership with Child Cancer Foundation is a privilege and a great opportunity for our members to give back”. – CEO Shaun Taylor, Professionals Real Estate
“The support we’ve received from Professionals for a quarter of a century has made a significant difference in the support we can provide to our families. We are very grateful for the ongoing commitment to our cause shown by Professionals agents around the country, many of whom go out of their way to organise additional fundraisers.” – CEO Robyn Kiddle, Child Cancer Foundation
Become a partner
If your business would like to make a real difference to children and their whānau by supporting our work, please register your interest today.
We believe in successful partnerships for both parties, and our approach is to work together on a tailored plan to meet your marketing and business objectives.
Jamie Kay x Child Cancer Foundation
Buy beautiful organic baby clothing from Jamie Kay this Christmas while supporting tamariki with cancer.
And Beyond Socks
Our amazing friends at And Beyond Socks work with local communities to do more with everyday…