$276,861 raised for Wig Wednesday in 2023
Thank you so much to everyone who took part in Wig Wednesday this year!
It was an incredible month, with so many people getting together with their school, workplace or community to raise funds and awareness for the tamariki who lose their hair during cancer treatment.
Thanks to the hard work and generosity of our fundraisers, a whopping $276,861 was raised throughout the month – a new Wig Wednesday record! What an amazing effort – the funds will make a real difference for Kiwi families impacted by childhood cancer.
Competition and trophy winners
We are very excited to announce our trophy and competition winners for Wig Wednesday 2023! Congratulations to the following fundraisers:
- Supreme Winner: William Waiirua’s head shave with AM
- Top Fundraiser – School: Arohanui School & Specialist Outreach Service
- Top Fundraiser – Workplace: Top 10 Holiday Parks
- Top Fundraiser – Individual: Team Arian
- Most Creative Fundraiser – School: Twizel Area School
- Most Creative Fundraiser – Workplace: New World Blenheim
Trophies kindly donated by TrophyCentre.
Plus, congratulations to the following prize winners:
- 30x LEGO® DOTS Pencil Holders: St Joseph’s Catholic School Matamata, Waiouru Kindergarten, Pukekawa School
- TOP 10 Holiday Parks accommodation: New World Durham Street
- Shotover Jet (Queenstown) family pass: NDY Wellington
- $50 Lone Star voucher: Lawrence White
- $50 Joe’s Garage voucher: Westland Recreation Centre
A big thank you to the generous businesses who donated our Wig Wednesday prizes and trophies this year. We will be in touch with all winners directly to arrange delivery of your prizes.
Save the date for 2024
Did you love taking part in Wig Wednesday this year? Or maybe you were watching on the sidelines, wishing you were part of the fun? Now’s the time to mark your calendars for 2024!
Join us on Wednesday 11 September for Wig Wednesday 2024 to raise more vital funds to support Kiwi kids with cancer and their whānau.
If you can’t join us on the day, you can choose any day in September that works for you.
Stay tuned for more information closer to the time. We can’t wait to get wiggy with you again next year.
Meet our Whānau Connect Group Leads
This week is National Volunteer Week | Te Wiki Tūao ā-Motu, so we're celebrating the incredible…
Child Cancer Foundation supports review of National Travel Assistance programme
Child Cancer Foundation supports Cancer Society and Ronald McDonald House in their calls for an urgent…